Thursday, September 10, 2015

Moving Advice

The best actual moving advice I've ever gotten is to use different colors of duct tape on different boxes and have a system.  Blue is bathroom, pink is living room, yellow is kitchen, etc.  That way, when the movers bring everything into the new place, there is no thinking necessary.  The only requirements are working eyes and not being color blind.  You see a color, you know where it goes.  Genus!  I wish I had thought of that in the 6 other times I've moved.  Alas.  It was super helpful with this move, and it made unpacking soooo much easier and quicker.  We didn't have to open every box to find what we wanted to put away first.  I did the breakfront first.  I unpacked white boxes.  Then I did the bathroom.  Blue boxes.  Etc.  So easy and simple and we are unpacked in less than a week.  Thank you to my supervisor for the suggestion.

However, the very best piece of advice I got while looking for an apartment, that is totally impractical, but made me laugh so hard.  When we were still searching for an apartment, and having a lot of trouble finding one, someone told me "maybe if you shtup the super a little, he'll help you out and give you an apartment".  It doesn't quite work that way where I live, but thank you for that.  And there goes my G rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment